I suggest you ...

I have a support issue.

I created a star named Obelisk in the galactic bulge. However, the description shows no name, status, creator, or class. It also shows that it's paying 0 starbux per hour. I can't delete the star, and it's occupying one of my five allowable slots. How can I have this star removed?
--Sauronhimself

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Adminjbharold (Admin, mystar) responded  · 

Sorry about that. You could try waiting a week (we’re migrating to a new server as I type). With any luck that will resolve a lot of the issues (maybe including why you can’t see the delete function). But yes…in a year things should be interesting. This is actually an old project, that only happened to recently get attention. But we’re well in to a new version, built from the ground up.

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adminjbharold (Admin, mystar) commented  · 

Neil: try refreshing the screen (that will send you back to the galaxy, then go back to your star). See if the delete button shows up then.

• Neil commented  · 

is there a way to delete stars you have created with out haveing to wait till it dies

• proggy commented  · 

Hi, thank you, now it's working much better! I can delete zombie stars, and the speed of the new server is great!

• Adminjbharold (Admin, mystar) commented  · 

Noel: With respect to Chrome, it works here (under Windows). Make sure you've flushed your cache. As for deletion, when you say you're "unable to delete", do you mean you clicked delete and nothing happened, or that no button appeared?

• Noel commented  · 

I have the exact same problem as Sauronhimself. My star named Wallace was created in the outer regions and does not show any description and I am unable to delete it even after the server migration.

With regards to the delete function on the star, I noticed that it only appears in Internet Explorer but not in Google Chrome.

Good luck with the new version! This is a great game!
        -- Noelypole

• proggy commented  · 

Sounds promising! Then I will have a look in a few weeks again. Thanks

• Anonymous commented  · 

I think this simulation has gotten a lot of recent attention thanks to astronomer Tony Darnell. He's been recommending it highly on his very popular YouTube channel (tdarnell).

--SauronHimself

• proggy commented  · 

That's it, now I've got a third zombie star. Still no way to delete it...
        It think I stop playing this game for now and check in a year later or so when it has become mature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have deleted the cache and used several different browsers, yet there is still no delete function for my zombie star.

--SauronHimself

• proggy commented  · 

Hey, thank you, but...

I did as you said, deleted all my browser cache, restarted browser etc., but still couldn't find a delete button at my zombie stars...

System information:
        Firefox 14.0.1 on Xubuntu 11.10
        Adobe Flash Player 11,2,202,236

• proggy commented  · 

I have the same problem, with even two stars. They are called Asmir and Coralux. Can you please delete them from the database?

Whenever there is high traffic and the star creation process is not completed, I close the browser in the end, and then these "star zombies" remain.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I did create a new star which behaves correctly. However, now all my star slots are full, and Obelisk is just wasting space. I'd like it deleted.

--Sauronhimself

Feedback and Knowledge Base